Tuesday 23 August 2011

The first post

I start this post so I will be able to tell about my efforts to make life as good as possible and to document my steps, succes and failure in my weekly challenges.
But also want to share about the little things in life and things that are importent to me.

This week challenge will be:

Don't go grazy when my kids don't do what I want them to do, but stay calm and realize that there is a deeper reason for why they are reacting this way. Yelling won't help getting them done what I want!

I yell too easily to my kids: especially in the busy moments of the day, like in the morning getting ready for school or in the evening, when everyone is tired. I feel bad about it, about not be able to control myself, about scaring my sweet wonders and about the fact that yelling isn't helping.
Yesterday I read an article about mindfull parenting. A woman with the same issue as me. Explaining that her yelling is caused by stuff, like tiredness, stress etc. So does the behaviour of the kids; their not listening is also caused by other stuff, like tiredness, stress or morningmoods etc. So when I feel getting angry I will take some deep breaths and stay calm.

This morning it worked! I stayed calm and that felt good. I asked my girl after she got calm if she didn's felt angry anymore? She told me no and did drink her milk and ate her breakfast!
This felt like a little personal victory for me. I hope that, with focus, I will be able to do this all week so it will get my new habit to stay calm instead of getting angry and yelling.

Do you have advices for me? How do you handle situations when your kids don't listen but you really want them to do something (like eating, showering, drinking, sleeping etc)?



No comments:

Post a Comment